Retail Area Manager
Wood Green is an Animals Charity based in Cambridgeshire and are extending our reach through opening more charity shops in the region. We are shortly to open a number of shops over the next few months and are now looking for an Area Manager to support our expansion programme.
You will primarily be responsible for managing a group of approximately 12 shops with the objective of maximising the financial contribution of these shops to the Charity and increasing the awareness of Wood Green and the work that we do.
You should be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the Charity Retail environment and be a strong proactive leader with the ability to effectively manage a number of shops remotely.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
• Good experience in multi-site management in High Street or Charity Retail
• The ability to work under pressure and prioritise a changing workload
• The ability to drive sales and achieve income targets
• Good people skills, demonstrating the ability to manage, motivate and develop paid staff & volunteers
• You should be numerate, organised and resourceful in building links/support within the area to support the shops with stock and volunteers
• The ideal applicant will be personable, hands on and committed to achieving the highest retail standards
• Good communication and customer service skills are essential
• An affinity with the work that Wood Green does and a desire to increase public awareness and donor engagement of the Charity’s mission
This is a full time, permanent role with a competitive salary and car allowance. The ideal candidate will be based in the Cambridgeshire area.
- WG Retail - Area Manager- JD.doc (Word, 68 Kb)