Assistant Manager - Royston (Part time)
Exciting new charity shop retail assistant manager opportunity.
Are you looking for a new Retail Assistant Manager challenge?
Wood Green is an Animals Charity based in Cambridgeshire and we are now extending our reach through opening more charity shops in the region and further afield into Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire, Northamptonshire, Norfolk and Lincolnshire.
An exciting opportunity for a part time assistant manager role has now arisen in our Royston shop.
Our Royston shop is busy, vibrant and successful with a supportive and loyal team of volunteers and to add to this success and support the shop manager, we are searching for an additional member of the management team for 3 days per week.
You should be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the charity retail environment or the High Street Retail environment with experience at assistant manager or supervisor level, be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively establish, manage and drive sales in a new shop.
You will be responsible for supporting the manager with the day-to-day management of the shop; generating donations ; managing stock deliveries and collections ; display and merchandising; record keeping; cash handling and recruiting, training, motivating, managing and supporting a loyal and committed team of volunteers.
You should be able to offer the following qualities:
• Good experience in retail management in high street or Charity retail
• The ability to work under pressure and prioritise a changing workload
• The ability to drive sales and achieve income targets
• Experience in using an EPOS system and computer skills
• A good knowledge and understanding of health and safety best practice.
• You should be numerate, organised and resourceful in building links/support within the local community.
• The ideal applicant will be personable, hands on and committed to achieving the highest retail standards
• Good communication and customer service skills are essential
• An affinity with the work that Wood Green does and a desire to increase public awareness and donor engagement of the Charity’s mission
A flexible approach to working will be required as the shop is open seven days per week.
This is a part time, permanent role with a competitive salary.