Passionate about animal welfare, Wood Green, The Animals Charity is a leading organisation that’s dedicated to improving the lives of creatures great and small. Wood Green are looking for a newly or part qualified Financial Accountant on a 6 month fixed term contract to join its friendly and busy finance team.
Working with and supported by the Head of Finance, you’ll have the chance to make a real difference with your career and will focus on an issue that matters to you and changes the live of animals.
As a Financial Accountant, you will be responsible for producing managing the day to day activities of the team, including managing 3 team members. This will involve ensuring accurate and timely payments, balance sheet reconciliations and the resolution of ad hoc queries, amongst other things.
The main monthly task, in addition to managing the team, will be the production of timely management accounts for the organisation. You will act as a Business Partner with various departments to enhance quality and understanding of the management data.
In addition, you will:
- Assist with forecasting, budgeting and year-end processes
- Produce monthly management accounts in a format suitable for review by the Head of Finance and Director of Corporate Services
- Strengthen links between finance and the operation activities of the entities and supply data and analysis, as required
- Manage the Restricted Funds of the organisation, ensuring the accurate recording of Revenue and Expenditure
- Assist the Head of Finance in ensuring the organisation has appropriate financial controls to manage and mitigate financial risk
To be considered as the Financial Accountant, you will need:
- To be part or fully CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified
- Demonstrable experience preparing management accounts
- Working knowledge of reconciling Balance Sheet accounts and problem solving
- Practical experience of Sales and Purchase Ledger functions
- Advanced level use of MS Excel including formula driven lookups and use of pivot tables
- Practical knowledge and usage of mid-level accounting packages and in assisting with budgeting and reforecasting
Other organisations may call this role Financial Controller, Accounts Senior, Management Accountant, Assistant Management Accountant, Assistant Corporate Accountant, or Corporate Accountant.
This is a full time role, working 40 hours per week.
Webrecruit and Wood Green, The Animals Charity are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to take on a Financial Accountant role that truly makes a difference at Wood Green, The Animals Charity, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
- Financial Accountant Role Profile.pdf (PDF, 766 Kb)