Passionate about animal welfare, Wood Green, The Animals Charity is a leading organisation that’s dedicated to improving the lives of creatures great and small. Wood Green are looking for a newly or part qualified Financial Accountant to join its friendly and busy finance team.
- £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
- Play a key role with a successful animal welfare organisation
- Advance your career within the charitable sector
Working with and supported by the Head of Finance, there is scope within the role to progress and take on further responsibility and, as such, would suit someone who appreciates a challenge.
You’ll have the chance to make a real difference with your career and will focus on an issue that matters to you and changes the live of animals whilst developing your career.
As a Financial Accountant, you will be responsible for producing timely accounts for the organisation, working with the rest of the team to ensure accurate financial information for both the charity and its trading subsidiary.
You will act as a Business Partner with various departments to enhance quality and understanding of the management data.
In addition, you will:
- Assist with forecasting, budgeting and year-end processes
- Line manage the Assistant Accountant, including one-to-one meetings, appraisals, objective setting and more
- Produce monthly management accounts in a format suitable for review by the Head of Finance and Director of Corporate Services
- Strengthen links between finance and the operation activities of the entities and supply data and analysis, as required
- Manage the Restricted Funds of the organisation, ensuring the accurate recording of Revenue and Expenditure
- Assist the Head of Finance in ensuring the organisation has appropriate financial controls to manage and mitigate financial risk
To be considered as the Financial Accountant, you will need:
- To be part or fully CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified
- Demonstrable experience preparing management accounts
- Working knowledge of reconciling Balance Sheet accounts and problem solving
- Practical experience of Sales and Purchase Ledger functions
- Advanced level use of MS Excel including formula driven lookups and use of pivot tables
- Practical knowledge and usage of mid-level accounting packages and in assisting with budgeting and reforecasting
Other organisations may call this role Financial Controller, Accounts Senior, Management Accountant, Assistant Management Accountant, Assistant Corporate Accountant, or Corporate Accountant.
This is a full time role, working 40 hours per week. The closing date is the 30th June 2019.
Webrecruit and Wood Green, The Animals Charity are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to take on a Financial Accountant role that truly makes a difference at Wood Green, The Animals Charity, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.