This is an exciting opportunity to support the Head of Creative Content to develop the Wood Green tone of voice and high level messaging. To drive excellence in creative copywriting across the organisation, leading on the development of tools and training to support colleagues with copy. To deliver powerful and engaging copy.
We’re looking for someone with:
• Creative flair – you’ll need to bring our brand to life through clever, unique and effective copy.
• Attention to detail – you’ll be proofreading materials across the organisation, so an eye for a misplaced comma or an errant full stop is a must!
• Previous experience – at an agency or in-house.
• Ability to work in a team – you’ll work closely with our design, comms and marketing colleagues and liaise regularly with clients from across the organisation and external agencies, so communicating effectively and developing strong working relationships are a must.
• An adaptable style – you could be writing a mix of long, short and headline copy across multiple channels using various tones of voice.
• The ability to develop our storytelling capabilities with a focus on telling more inspiring, compelling stories of the impact of our work.
• The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to develop the systems and processes to support our storytelling; for example developing the way in which case studies are sourced and managed in line with best practice.
• Line management experience.
• Excellent project/time management, organisational, interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
As such to be the right Senior Copywriter you'll have a passion for animals, a portfolio brimming with ideas demonstrating your conceptual capabilities, across a variety of media, a sharp eye for the little details, and a have a strong desire to use your writing skills for a great cause.
To apply, please complete an application form. When filling in the application form please read the instructions very carefully. For the skills, knowledge and qualities section please detail how you meet the person specification for this post.
In addition to the completed application form, please supply either a link to an online portfolio of your writing and/or PDFs of relevant copy that you have delivered.
Wood Green, The Animals Charity – bringing pets and people closer together
Wood Green is proud to be the pet charity that makes a difference to the lives of pets and people across the UK. Our vision is of a world where all pets are well cared for in loving homes for life. To achieve this, we not only provide care for pets in need, but also help people be the best pet owners they can be.
We educate, advise and support pet owners so they can enjoy a mutually rewarding and happy relationship with their pets. And through our top-class facilities, welfare-friendly handling and years of experience we deliver the best quality care for every animal who needs us.
We do things differently at Wood Green – because we know that providing pets with the best possible care isn’t just about the animals, it’s about you too.
Visit woodgreen.org.uk to see how we take a more inclusive approach to supporting pet ownership in the UK. We’re proud to make a real, long term difference to the lives of pets and people
- JD - Senior Copywriter.pdf (PDF, 575 Kb)