Assistant Manager - Daventry Charity Shop (Part time)
Wood Green is an Animals Charity based in Cambridgeshire and we are now extending our reach through opening more charity shops in the region and further afield into Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire, Northamptonshire, Norfolk and Lincolnshire.
With our next new shop opening in Daventry, we now have an exciting opportunity for a shop assistant manager for this new shop.
Daventry is a busy and vibrant town providing great opportunities for a retail assistant manager to work with the shop manager to establish a new charity shop, recruit and train their own team of volunteers and make their own personal mark on the opening of and success of this new and exciting shop.
You should be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the charity retail environment or the High Street Retail environment with experience of managing a store, be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively establish, manage and drive sales in a new shop.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the shop, working with and supporting the shop manager to generate donations; manage stock deliveries and collections; achieve high standards of shop presentation and display; manage cash handling, recruit, train and motivate a new team of volunteers.
You should be able to offer the following qualities:
• Good experience at supervisor or assistant manager level in retail management in high street or Charity retail
• The ability to work under pressure and prioritise a changing workload
• The ability to drive sales and achieve income targets
• Experience in using an EPOS system and computer skills
• A good knowledge and understanding of health and safety best practice.
• You should be numerate, organised and resourceful in building links/support within the local community.
• The ideal applicant will be personable, hands on and committed to achieving the highest retail standards
• Good communication and customer service skills are essential
• An affinity with the work that Wood Green does and a desire to increase public awareness and donor engagement of the Charity’s mission
A flexible approach to working will be required as the shop is open seven days per week.
This is a part time, permanent role working 22 hours per week with a competitive salary including every Sunday.