Cover Assistant Manager - Oxfordshire, Northamptonshire and Bedfordshire
Are you looking for a new retail assistant manager challenge working within the retail management team across various shop locations in Oxfordshire, Northamptonshire and Bedfordshire?
Wood Green is an Animals Charity based in Cambridgeshire and we are now extending our reach through opening more charity shops in the region and further afield into Norfolk, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Oxfordshire and Northamptonshire.
To support our retail expansion and existing shops, this exciting new opportunity has arisen for an assistant manager to travel to various shop locations to support management teams, provide cover for holidays and days off and to assist with new shop openings within the above locations.
The ideal candidate would be prepared to travel to different locations, have the use of their own vehicle, be flexible with days of working, to work with and support various shop teams and will ideally be based within Oxfordshire or Northamptonshire.
This is an exciting role for candidates who are currently working at assistant manager or supervisor level within the retail environment and who would welcome the opportunity of developing their management skills and experience to progress further in their retail career.
You should be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the charity retail environment and be a strong proactive leader with the ability to effectively manage this key site. A flexible approach to working will be required as our shops are open seven days per week.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of various shops and working with and supporting shop managers in generating donations; display and merchandising; managing stock deliveries and collections; record keeping; cash handling and crucially, recruiting, training, motivating, managing and supporting loyal and committed teams of volunteers.
You should be able to offer the following qualities:
• Good experience in retail management in high street or Charity retail
• The ability to work under pressure and prioritise a changing workload
• The ability to drive sales and achieve income targets
• Experience in using an EPOS system and computer skills
• A good knowledge and understanding of health and safety best practice.
• You should be numerate, organised and resourceful in building links/support within the local community.
• The ideal applicant will be personable, hands on and committed to achieving the highest retail standards
• Good communication and customer service skills are essential
• An affinity with the work that Wood Green does and a desire to increase public awareness and donor engagement of the Charity’s mission
This is a full time, temporary fixed term role with a competitive salary and travel expenses.
- COVER ASSISTANT MANAGER ROLE JD. JUNE 2019.pdf (PDF, 545 Kb)