Assistant Manager - Bicester
Wood Green is an Animals Charity based in Cambridgeshire and are now extending our reach through opening more charity shops in the region and further afield into Norfolk, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of assistant shop manager of our well established and busy charity shop in Bicester.
You should be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the charity retail environment and be a strong proactive leader with the ability to effectively manage this key site. A flexible approach to working will be required as the shop is open seven days per week.
You will be responsible for supporting the SM in the day-to-day management of the shop; generating donations; display and merchandising; managing stock deliveries and collections; record keeping; cash handling and crucially, recruiting, training, motivating, managing and supporting a loyal and committed team of volunteers.
You should be able to offer the following qualities:
• Good experience in retail management in high street or Charity retail
• The ability to work under pressure and prioritise a changing workload
• The ability to drive sales and achieve income targets
• Experience in using an EPOS system and computer skills
• A good knowledge and understanding of health and safety best practice.
• You should be numerate, organised and resourceful in building links/support within the local community.
• The ideal applicant will be personable, hands on and committed to achieving the highest retail standards
• Good communication and customer service skills are essential
• An affinity with the work that Wood Green does and a desire to increase public awareness and donor engagement of the Charity’s mission
This is a part time, permanent role with a competitive salary.