Assistant Manager - Kettering Charity Shop (Part time)
Wood Green is an Animals Charity based in Cambridgeshire and are now extending our reach through opening more charity shops in the region and further afield into Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire, Norfolk and Lincolnshire.
An opportunity has arisen for a part time (3 days per week including Sundays) Assistant Manager role in our Kettering shop.
You should be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the charity retail environment or the High Street Retail environment at Assistant Manager level and be a strong proactive leader with the ability to effectively work with and support the Shop Manager in the management of this shop. A flexible approach to working will be required as the shop is open seven days per week.
You will be responsible alongside the Shop Manager for the day-to-day management of the shop; generating donations; display and merchandising; managing stock deliveries and collections; record keeping; cash handling and crucially, recruiting, training, motivating, managing and supporting a loyal and committed team of volunteers.
You should be able to offer the following qualities:
• Good experience in retail management in high street or Charity retail
• The ability to work under pressure and prioritise a changing workload
• The ability to drive sales and achieve income targets
• Experience in using an EPOS system and computer skills
• A good knowledge and understanding of health and safety best practice.
• You should be numerate, organised and resourceful in building links/support within the local community.
• The ideal applicant will be personable, hands on and committed to achieving the highest retail standards
• Good communication and customer service skills are essential
• An affinity with the work that Wood Green does and a desire to increase public awareness and donor engagement of the Charity’s mission
This is a part time , permanent role with a competitive salary.