Assistant Shop Manager - Newport Pagnell
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Assistant Shop Manager of our charity shop in Newport Pagnell.
You should be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the charity retail environment and be a strong proactive leader with the ability to effectively manage this key site. A flexible approach to working will be required as the shop is open seven days per week.
You will be responsible for supporting the Shop Manager in the day-to-day management of the shop; generating donations; display and merchandising; managing stock deliveries and collections; record keeping; cash handling and crucially, recruiting, training, motivating, managing and supporting a loyal and committed team of volunteers.
You should be able to offer the following qualities:
• Good experience in retail management in high street or Charity retail
• The ability to work under pressure and prioritise a changing workload
• The ability to drive sales and achieve income targets
• Experience in using an EPOS system and computer skills
• A good knowledge and understanding of health and safety best practice.
• You should be numerate, organised and resourceful in building links/support within the local community.
• The ideal applicant will be personable, hands on and committed to achieving the highest retail standards
• Good communication and customer service skills are essential
• An affinity with the work that Wood Green does and a desire to increase public awareness and donor engagement of the Charity’s mission
This is a part time (24 hours), fixed term role for 6 months with a competitive salary.
- Assistant Shop Manager Role Profile.pdf (PDF, 760 Kb)