Stock and Warehouse Distribution Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Stock and Distribution Manager, managing our warehouse in Huntingdon. This role is pivotal to the efficient management of stock distribution to the retail shops, the effective organisation of stock storage at the warehouse and to manage the distribution operatives.
You should be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of warehouse management and the ability to facilitate cost effective storage and distribution of stock, adapting as necessary to meet changing business needs.
You should also be able to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of setting up and establishing an eBay shop as an additional medium for selling donated items to optimise profit contribution from the Retail department.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of stock movement across the retail shops, the effective storage of stock at the distribution centre/warehouse, facilitating stock collections and house clearances from donors and customers, managing a team of van drivers and their delivery schedules, preparing stock and set-up packages for new shop openings, ensuring that new shops open smoothly and effectively, the implementation of the new eBay shop and managing a team of volunteers.
You should be able to offer the following qualities:
• Good experience in warehouse or distribution centre management.
• Commercial awareness for running an effective distribution service.
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to organise a warehouse environment.
• The ability to work under pressure and prioritise a changing workload.
• The ability to effectively manage a team of van drivers and volunteers.
• High level working knowledge of Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel and Outlook)
• A good knowledge and understanding of health and safety best practice.
• You should be numerate, organised and resourceful in building links/support within local communities with regards to stock donations.
• The ideal applicant will be personable, hands on and committed to achieving the highest standards of stock storage and distribution.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential
• An affinity with the work that Wood Green does and a desire to increase public awareness and donor engagement of the Charity’s mission.
This is a full time, permanent role with a competitive salary.
- 015 - Stock Distribution Manager - Feb 2018.doc (Word, 105 Kb)